Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On My Way

I have decided to go and serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was about two years ago I really decided to go on my mission. Boys go when they are 19 and girls can go with they are 21. I am 23 and just now going out. It took me a little longer to grow up. I am very excited to go out and serve! I am 96% excited and 4% nervous, or maybe it's 4 % excited and 96% Nervous but that's the fun in it all!! I will keep ya'll update once a week when I write home my lovely mother will post my next 18 months of my life! Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all!! God Bless!
                    Love
                       Sister Alyse Fisher

'As I stare out the window, the tears still in my eyes, I see my family and those I love as we have said our last good-byes. The ride is long and tiring and two questions plague my mind, Do I want the life that is up ahead or the one I left behind? Two years is a long, Long time for going door to door. In my reflections I think to myself ' There really must be more!" As I stepped down off the plane I stared smiling at the beach, When a man turned me the other way saying, "Elder, go find and teach"    
    'And now I sit reflecting as this day is my last, "please Lord, this isn't fair, the time goes by so fast" As I look out the window, the tears still in my eyes, I see the Elders and those I love as we have said our last good-byes. The ride is long and tiring and two questions come to mind... Do I want the life that's up ahead or the one I left behind?"

2 comments: